Everyone can take over your health and well being if you have this and takes daily practice certain strategies that help you develop a healthy lifestyle . The World Health Organization ( WHO) has established a number of basic and accessible to everyone strategies which foster positive changes in lifestyles .
The seven simple steps that the World Health Organization recommends implement are:
1. Maintain a healthy, balanced diet is recommended to take a diet low in fat and sugar and high in fiber , using fresh fruits and vegetables in season.
2. Practice some weekly exercise of your choice, for example walking an hour at least three days a week will help you maintain your cardiovascular health.
3. Assume full responsibility for your health , provided the treatments as recommended and not forgetting appointments follow prescribed by the doctor or health care provider .
4. Look after your mental health , for example avoiding negative stress and sleeping many hours you need to feel rested. This amount may vary depending on the age of the person, but as a rule it is recommended 7 to 8 hours to maintain the quality of sleep .
5. Be alert and anticipate risk situations at home (in and around ) , at work and when you are transported to your private car , public transportation , walk around the neighborhood or public places, especially when there is heavy congestion of people .
6. Remember that prolonged exposure to the sun is harmful , whether you use protection , as a general rule you should always protect yourself with umbrella, brimmed hats clothes that cover you arms and legs and sunscreen.
7. Practice prevention, because prevention is always better than having to cure a disease or condition that could be avoided.